Wednesday, February 09, 2005

How it began...

In October 2003 I bought a 1974 Triumph Toledo on eBay. The car was in Aylesbury in Buckinghamshire so I had to get down there to collect it. As it was road legal it was my intention to drive it back to Bradford. Not having driven a car that old I tried to drive it like a modern car (big mistake). I ended up killing the engine and came the rest of the way on the back of a recovery vehicle. The car stood in my mate's garden for several months until I was offered a free 1500 engine (came out of a Dolomite) so I took this offer up, fitted the engine and the car was running and drivable again. I then decided to fit a 1300 engine to return it to original spec so I was offered a 1300 engine which I collected, fitted and I changed the gearbox too. The engine is on the brink of running. At the moment I'm having problems with the disributor clamp. It's not holding the distributor securely thereby losing my ingition timing.

No comments: