Thursday, June 16, 2005

Making slow progress

I managed to free off the drivers' side front wheel on Baby Blue. I started her up and put it into gear and as I let the clutch out the speedo moved. I tried to remove the brake pads and when I was trying to get one of the pins out I damaged the brake caliper. Lucky I had a spare caliper. The only money I've spent on Baby Blue was the paint. Once I've freed the other side and fitted the replacement caliper. I'll have a go and see if she will drive.
On the Acclaim front the air filter that I bought on eBay for £3 arrived through the post so I'll be fitting that soon. Just gotta change the engine oil, filter and cambelt and that's just about it for now.
The Toledo will be donating it's alternator to Baby Blue which will buy me some time to get the existing alternator sorted out.
The spares car will be giving up some more parts for Baby Blue in the not-too-distant future as soon as I can get down there with my tools (ditto with the Toledo for the alternator transplant)

No comments: