Thursday, February 23, 2012

Clutch change

I fitted the new clutch on Becky II on Tuesday. It literally took me all night. There were a few problems but I overcame them all and I got everything back together without any problems. The moment of truth came when I put my foot on the clutch pedal. There was no resistance at all. This means that the gearbox has to come off again so I can investigate the problem. I suspect that the spring for the release bearing carrier has come off. They're difficult to put back on and can easily come off. Hopefully taking the gearbox off should be a bit quicker this time. Because I was working well into the night I only got an hour's sleep. I don't know how I got through the day yesterday. I had to take a break from the spannering so I could catch up on my sleep but I'll be ready to tackle it tonight.

No comments: