Monday, November 27, 2006

More stuff has happened!

I finally fixed Snowdrop's headlight problem. I ended up replacing the bulb with a brand new on from my trusty local motor factor. I went down to the garage where I keep my spares 1500 and liberated more parts off it. First up were the rear light units. Next was the rear number plate followed by some chrom trim, the dashboard and the heater. I also robbed a parcel shelf bracket and accelerator pedal rubber for Snowdrop.

Monday, November 20, 2006

Something new has happened!

I've not had much to report lately but as I was about to set off this morning I noticed the one of the front headlights on Snowdrop had failed. The only thing for me to do was to jump into Becky (she had a run out the night before) and put her back into use. I reckon that I can rob one of the Toledo's headlight bulbs to save me a bit of money.

I will be losing the garage where I keep my spares 1500 so I'm planning on breking it for parts. I won't be losing the garage completely because the owner wants to put a chest freezer in so I may still be able to keep some parts there.

Friday, November 10, 2006

Shedding some light on the subject

I'd noticed that one of my number plate lights was a bit dimmer than the other so it was replaced at a cost of 59p from my local Motosave. I'm surprised that it got through the MoT (I think number plate lights are now part of the test these days) and even more surprised that the police haven't stopped me because from a distance it looks like the bulb has failed. Anyway, all is well again.