Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Exhausted part 2

I rung the guy up and he still had the exhaust. Better still, he lived local and when I went down to his house to look at it I realised that it had been taken off fully assembled (Aclaim exhausts are two-piece systems) so there was no way I could take it anywhere to get it fitted. He kindly offered me the use of his gargage so I went over to Anita's house (where I keep Baby Blue) to get my tools. Fitting the exhaust wasn't too much of a problem except for one of the manifold nuts which I managed to round off necessitating the use of the nut splitter. I managed to get the nut replaced at a local tyre fitter. (the same place where I had the puncture repair done) The exhaust cost me £50 and the guy even gave me a spare headlight with a bulb.
On a positive note, I'll be getting Becky's other alternator and Baby Blue's alternator repaired. Somebody at the last local TSSC meeting recommended a place the does these sort of repairs and I've arranged to take them in. Both alternators are in Baby Blue's boot so I'll have to go back up there again tonight but I'm glad I'm making a bit more progress with things. I'll have to get the Toledo alternator off Baby Blue and back on to the Toledo.

No comments: