Yesterday evening was dry and sunny so I took the opportunity to fit the new flexible brake hose. An hour later, job done! It seemed to be fine when I drove her afterwards and this morning when I checked the brake fluid level it was fine. Brakes were fine today and I'm now running around in her and all seems to be well. I was hoping to clean her but the rain seems to have put paid to that.
I managed to get a couple of my engines weighed in at a local scrap metal merchant. The engine that was in the Toledo when I bought it and a 1200 Herald engine that I'd rescued made me £15. Money for nothing!