Thursday, July 26, 2007

In the Dales



After Hawes was the obligatory photoshoot. I took quite a few pics from all angles but this one was my favourite. The weather wasn't the best but I liked the angle nonetheless.

This was too good to miss. We were driving along when Anita spotted these chickens. I agreed that it would merit a photo so we parked up and I took the pic. They weren't scared of me but when Anita suggested I sit down and have my pic taken with them they moved so I wasn't the only one who didn't like the idea!

Anita wanted to feed the chickens so she scrunched up some Pringles and threw them out. The chickens soon went for them. As I was setting off I was a bit worried of running over one or two of them (no free chicken dinner then!) but they moved away as soon as I started the car up.

After that I decided to go to Morecambe which is quite close to the Dales. By this time the Currant Bun decided to make an appearance. The walk along the seafront was a pleasant one. The journey home was done mostly on motorways and the car didn't put a foot wrong or miss a beat so I've definitely solved the running problems. I'd clocked up just over 200 miles and the fuel gauge was just under halfway so I'm pleased with fuel consumption. I can now trust this car to the ends of the Earth and back!

No comments: