Thursday, January 11, 2018

Another even longer overdue update!

It has been nearly 2 years since my last post. Blimey! Where has the time gone? I had the car resprayed in Triumph white which is a period correct colour. In November 2016, I fitted some solid carburettor mounts and this is where things went downhill. The car wouldn't start and hasn't run since so I left it parked up in the carport. Fast forward to 2018 and I've made a decision to get it back on the road and the biggest barrier to that is to get the engine running again. I've established that the battery is toast due to it being stood for months on end. I've ordered a new battery and I shall be monitoring it more closely in the future to avoid neglect. The negative lead has seen better days and the proper part is expensive so I've bought some "off the shelf" parts to make up a new lead costing me just over £14 from Halfords and a local motor factor.
I might just invest in electronic ignition to ensure a healthy spark. I'm also considering fitting my spare set of SU HS4 carburettors. I've got them close to hand so I can lay my hands on them straight away. I've already documented the work I've done this year on YouTube. I have already done a few Dolomite videos in the past so this isn't the first one.

More to follow soon...

No comments: