Thursday, August 30, 2007

I did it!

I finally got to use that MIG welder Anita bought me several months ago (the exact number of which eludes me!) First I did some practaice runs on an old dustbin lid until I could do a straight line. I only blew one small hole but that was with the settings on full! I then jumped in at the deep end and I managed to get the bracket welded to the axle and although it doesn't look too good it will hold at least until I can get another rear axle. I went overboard with the weld to make sure it was a good join and did a test lift. Once I was satisfied with my handiwork I then painted the axle with the black Hammerite and paintbrush I said I would buy in the previous entry. I just painted what I could get at and I'll finish the job tonight. It's amazing what a difference a coat of paint makes!

No comments: