Wednesday, May 07, 2008
A bit of fettling with Snowdrop
One of my alloys needed touching up so it was out with the black Hammerite smooth. While I was at it I did the sills, blower motor, brake servo, the radiator and the door mirror. Not perfect but it looks better than before. I also sorted out the exhaust. The tailpipe joint hadn't been done properly so I dismantled it and reassembled it making sure it was done properly this time. I found some small holes in the rear silencer so I filled them with some exhaust putty and now I have a totally leak free exhaust for the first time on this car. I've also ordered a brand new choke cable from Rimmer Bros. The choke is still sticking and the trimmed cable isn't helping.