Sunday, September 29, 2013

It has been a while...

...since I last posted on this Blog.

After 5 years of ownership I have finally made a start on the bodywork. On the OSR wing there was a crack where it had been filled in so I dug out all the old cracked filler and replaced most of it with fresh filler. I've managed to build the profile back up but I'm not quite there yet. I've decided that the Russett brown has to go not even being the correct colour for 1972 and after much deliberation I have finally settled on Damson. I've started to strip the chrome trim off in readiness for painting. I've been using primer from the local pound shop which is quite decent considering the price (£1 for a 300ml tin). Because I don't have a garage, I need to keep the interior safe from the elements so the doors and the glass will have to remain in situ and I need to be able to open, close, lock and unlock the doors and I'll have to mask up the parts I can't remove. I shall be getting a cheap electric spray gun which will give infinitely better results than rattle cans and will in the long run cost less. There's also a bit of rot in the headlight panels so I will have to bite the bullet at some point and get that sorted out properly.

Besides the bodywork, there's the hazard switch to wire up (I'm changing from the later type push-pull to the early type rocker switch), an oil and filter change, 2 front tyres to replace, the front wheel tracking to be adjusted and I need to fit relays the the headlight circuit in readiness for halogens and to avoid the indicator stalk burning out.

Oh, and it will need a fresh MoT as it has run out a couple of days ago. Looks like I've got my work cut out for me.

No comments: