Monday, March 06, 2006

Problem solved!

After last night's breakdown I was pleased when the hose set arrived so I can just replace the split hose with the new one to get going again and fit the rest when I get Snowdrop back to her resting place. (chez Anita) I was so pleased that I ordered some more parts from TD Fitchett. I've decided to replace the pinion bearing in the diff in the hope that it will cure the noise. I've ordered a new oil seal as well. I think the diff is leaking there and I'll have to replace the oil seal anyway. I've also remembered another small job that needs doing. The rocker gasket is leaking so that will have to be replaced and I'm going to paint the rocker cover so I've bought a can of silver high temperature paint in readiness for the job. The road tax is due at the end of the month so I'd better keep that in mind as well!

No comments: