Monday, February 05, 2007

Steering column

I managed to fit a replcement steering column bush but more of that a bit later on.

I checked the points gap and it was almost non-existent so I adjusted it and the car runs a lot better and the running-on has gone.

Anyway, back to the story. (as Ronnie Corbett would say!) Fellow Club Triumph member Paul Darbyshire had offered me the use of his garage which has an inspection pit so taking him up on this I decided to get the job done. It was a pig of a job and would have been 10 times harder without the extra pair of hands and the pit. The result was worth it as the play has now gone. The old bush had worn right through at one side so no wonder there was so much play in the steering column!

Next up will be some rear suspension bushes. I'll be waiting until Stoneleigh where I might pick up a bargain.

No comments: