Saturday, February 10, 2007

Stoneleigh show

As most of you will know this weekend is the annual Triumph Spares Day at Stoneleigh. This year I'm wearing my Club Triumph hat and I'm helping on their stand. I went down today to help out with setting up the stand. It went quite well and afterwards I gave fellow member Paul Darbyshire (who helped me with Snowdrop's steering column bush) a lift to the place he was staying at as his car was on the stand. I had a couple of drinks there and I found out that the accommodation I'd arranged had fallen through. I checked the place to see if they'd any rooms free but it was full. Paul fired up his laptop and found a Holiday Inn about a mile away so I phoned up to make a reservation, went over and checked in. At £50 a night it is a little more than the Travelodge I'd stayed in last July but this place offers a lot more for the money including wireless Internet connection. I am updating this Blog from the hotel room. I've taken a few pics and I'll post a few of them soon.

No comments: