Monday, January 07, 2008

Luck of the Irish

My trip to the Emrald Isle went without a hitch and the Sprint didn't let me down even though I went all over Ireland. The car just kept right on going. I'm in no doubt that it will finish the forthcoming RBRR which will be taking place in October. Thursday saw us going to Waterford. Friday was a trip to Belfast to the Ulster Transport Museum. Unfortunately, there were no Triumphs there but there was an Amphicar. (which had the Herald engine) On Saturday we went to Athlone which is right in the middle of Ireland. On Sunday we ended up in Dun Laoghaire (where the Boomtown Rats originally came from) before getting the ferry back. A few hours before I got on the ferry I saw a French blue Stag in Dublin. As he overtook me the driver waved at me. I didn't expect to see another Triumph in Dublin let alone a Stag!

No comments: