Sunday, February 03, 2008

All tanked up

At last I finally got round to fitting the replacement petrol tank for Project Blue. I took advantage of some free time today and some dry weather. I sprayed the top half of the tank with some black Hammerite smooth (the bottom half has underseal on it) then I removed the old tank and fitted the replacement tank. It went well and I fitted a new fuel filter. I was able to get most of the petrol out and in the replacement tank so I can make it to a petrol station. I think a road test is beckoning...

While I was in a spannering mood I fitted Project Blue's original carbs onto Becky, hooked up some jump leads, a few squirts of Easystart and hey presto SHE RUNS! Like a bag of spanners but the car is a runner. (just!) I think I'm in with a chance of getting this one back on the road.

No comments: