Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Breakdown

I went to the local TSSC meeting in Snowdrop last night and on the way back she died on me. I checked the obvious things and came to the conclusion that there was no spark at the plugs. If I had my feeler gauges I would have been able to fit the spare points/condenser assembly that got me off the M1 last year. I called out the recovery and the guy came to the conclusion that the condenser had failed as the points were sparking but there was no spark at the spark plug leads. He didn't have any feeler gauges so I ended up going home on the back of the recovery vehicle. I probably won't be able to do anything with this car until I do the oil change. This means I'm back down to one useable car in Blue.

I've heard nothing from the insurance. I hope I don't get stung for lots of storage charges at the recovery place. I've got quite a few options on the Sprint but I think a replacement car will probably be the way forward. Whether it will be another Sprint, that remains to be seen.

No comments: