Saturday, July 02, 2005

Got my finger out at last

I finally went down to the spares car and got some more much-needed bit off it. I removed the steering column, petrol tank, the number plate lights, the passenger door lock and er, that's it. I wish I'd brought my trolley jack and axle stands otherwise I'd have had the exhaust and the steering rack as well. I'll defintiely get them next time. I don't think there's much left for me to salvage apart from the doors, glass, bonnet and bootlid. I also noticed that one of the brake calipers looks brand new. Just what Baby Blue needs. Talking of which, I fitted the passenger door lock, number plate ligts (and associated wiring) and the cig lighter. Once I've fitted the steering column I will have keys for Baby Blue!

On the Acclaim front the new radiator has now arrived and will be fitted as soon as possible. I went out to the car to check where the fittings go and I noticed a slight leak which was confirmed when I took the cap off so I topped up with water. It will do until I fit the radiator. I wonder if that's why the Acclaim was running hot recently.

No comments: