Friday, July 15, 2005

Triumph addict!

I missed out on the silver Acclaim CD on eBay. I was outbid in the dying seconds but the limit I'd set myself had been exceeded so I let it go...
There was another nice HLS in metallic bronze which looks like a beauty. The pics didn't seem to do it justice and by the item description it seems to have been well looked after. I'm hoping to tempt the seller with cash as I have the money after being paid out for my Ford Mondeo when the insurnace wrote it off. I might not even get another Acclaim. I had a go in a Dolomite 1850HL and it was a beauty! I'd love one! (or a Sprint if I could afford it! The 1850HL is the next best thing.)
I wasted an hour last night trying to dismantle the steering column which I need to do if I'm to fit a replacement indicator switch. If only I could get that blasted adjustment bracket off! There's a pin which I can't get out. Once that's out I'm there. How frustrating!
I had a go at changing the timing belt on the Acclaim but soon gave up. It is an absolute pig of a job and beyond me at the moment. On the plus side I was able to tension the alternator drive belt as it would slip now and again. One of the number plate bulbs failed so I robbed one off Baby Blue to get it working again. Did you know that in the UK it is illegal to have bulbs that aren't working even in daylight? It is also an MoT failure point.

No comments: