Thursday, August 04, 2005


I went to Barrow-In- Furness to collect Becky. The train joruney wasn't too bad considering that I was stuck in Manchester for 45 minutes but I got there! She's a real beauty! A sight to behold and the eBay pics don't do her justice! Looks and drives just like new. Becky drives a bit differently to my other Acclaim. She has been well looked after. Even the rear bumper is perfect! Becky came with a lot of spares including a set of front wings and front passenger door glass. I'd have got more spares but there's so much you can get into an Acclaim!! During the drive back to Bradford Becky didn't miss a beat or put a foot wrong. The first thing I did when I reached Bradford was to pay Barry McGrath a visit and he was impressed with Becky. Apparently, she's the same colour as Rupert should be. I donated the front wings and door glass to his good cause. After all he's helped me in the past. It's the least I can do in return. Isn't this what being in a club is all about? I don't think I need to do anything to Becky at the moment! She's near enough perfect and will be ideal for the forthcoming Woodvale Show (my first show, whaey!) Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Martin Randle said...

Congratulations Dave - I look forward to seeing your new Acclaim tomorrow.

You might prefer not to drive throiugh the ford tho!