Sunday, March 11, 2007

Stoneleigh Restoration Show part 2

It is 6.45 am in the hotel where I'm updating this Blog. Like the last time at Stoneleigh I booked in at a hotel. Unfortunately, my first choice which was the Express Holiday Inn at Coventry on the A45 just down the road from where the Triumph factory was in Canley was full and the nearest one with an available room was in Rugby. For £42 for me and Anita it was fantastic value. She said that it wasn't quite as good as the Travelodge we stayed in last July for last year's Club Triumph National Day but it was the little things such as the hairdryer, wireless Internet access, (without which I couldn't be writing this) inclusive breakfast and the location next to the river Avon that made the difference. I'm all set and I've got everything I need for the show. The journey down yesterday passed without a single problem. Snowdrop performed impeccably. I reckon if I push her too hard on the motorway the underbonnet temperature gets too high causing fuel vapourisation and engine bay airflow management is virtually non-existent on the Triumph Dolomite.

No comments: