Wednesday, May 27, 2009

For the first time in ages...

...I worked on Becky. I had dug out my angle grinder so I took the opportunity to grind as much rust off her. I'd washed the car a couple of days previously. Most of the offside sill had dissolved so I'll have to replace the entire outer sill. I took a look inside and it seems that the inner sill is fine. Looks like some of Austin Rover's protection did work after all. I'm sure the car is saveable as outer sills are now available from the Acclaim Guru for only £20 each. I just need to master the art of welding...

I bought an oil filter and some engine oil for Brown's oil and filter change. I decided to use some decent classic engine oil so I went for the Duckhams mineral 20W/50. I just need some dry weather to do the oil change.

No comments: