Thursday, June 18, 2009

Seats & suspension

I replaced the seats and front shock absorbers on Brown. This involved a trip to the North East to collect said items. I'd filled up the day before the trip and when I got back I filled up again. I'd covered 335 miles and averaged just over 30 mpg which is my best figure yet. Fitting the shock absorbers was quite easy and it has raised the height of the front end so no more cringing when I hit speed bumps and potholes. The replacement seats have made the interior a much nicer place to be helped no doubt by the fact that I'd vacuumed the carpets while the seats were out. I've also replace the slightly slow clock and the inaccurate voltmeter. The replacement voltmeter is a lot better than the old one. The clock? Time will tell... (pun intended!)

No comments: