Friday, May 27, 2005


I went down to Manchester last night but before I went I fitted a new set of spark plugs and put some Redex into the carbs and the petrol tank. It has worked a treat because the car is now running better that ever. Not only did I get everything I originally wanted, I also got a battery clamp. I've just fitted all the parts and everything works. The biggest struggle was threading the wire of the radio aerial down the windscreen pillar but I got there in the end. It is great to have perfect reception on the radio now! Sticking the bootlid badge was a problem (don't use superglue!) until my next-door neighbour suggested that I use bathroom sealant. He lent me a tube and it worked a treat. The stuff's waterproof too so it makes ideal adhesive for badges and suchlike. The rev counter cable wasn't too bad apart from the lack of space to get my hand in. I had to get at it through the radio slot and got the job done. I also fitted an extra pair of speakers and hopefully I'm getting a decent sound from the stereo now. As you can see from the pic the spares car is almost identical to mine. Posted by Hello

No comments: