Monday, May 30, 2005

Oil change

I've decided to to this in 2 stages. First I drain the old oil and fill with some cheapo 20W/50 that I have kicking about. This is to flush out any crap in the sump and it's the best way (so I'm told) of flushing the lubrication system. The next stage is to drive just a few hundred miles and then change the oil and filter using some decent oil. (Castrol GTX or similar) Regular oil changes will benefit the car and will get rid of any crap before it can cause any harm. As the Acclaim is in daily use I will be trating it just like my everyday car and spend whatever money is necessary to keep it in working order.
On a different note I'm going to be rescuing a pair of Triumph 1500FWDs and hopefully I can put at least one of them back on the road.
Going back the the engine torque rod bush, the judder is almost gone. It's defintiely a lot better. Maybe if I do the front one it might cure it completely. The previous owner said that it went through several clutches before he had it and that might be the problem. I reckon that I'm on the right track with these bushes.

No comments: