Saturday, May 28, 2005

More done

My rear engine torque rod bush came through the post today so I fitted it. I decided to remove the air cleaner to improve access and once it was out of the way I had discovered that one of the cooling system hoses had split which explained Thursday's mysterious loss of coolant on Thursday. Fortunately, the split was near the end of the hose so I removed the hose cut it back and refitted it. Problem solved! Fitting the bus was very easy once I'd managed to loosen the bolt using a breaker bar. Unfortunately, the clutch judder is still there but the bush was defintiely worn. I might have to replace the front one as well. I'm planning on changing the engine oil and replacing the cam belt. I want to get the job done before I go to Middlesborough next Tuesday.

No comments: