Friday, May 20, 2005

More stuff to do

At the moment my Acclaim is now my everyday transport. When I washed it yesterday at the jetwash in my local Morrisons I was amazed at how much mud came off the inner wheelarches. It's looking better now. I'm gonna try to get the courtesy light switches for the back doors to work. It is just the red peril (rust) and hopefully nothing a bit of WD40 won't solve. I've bought a bush (on eBay) for the rear engine torque rod as there's LOTS of free play in the top bush on that one. This is probably the reason why the car vibrates when I set off in 1st gear. The vibration is horrible and the bush only cost me £15 plus £1 P&P. I'm hoping to win a timing belt on eBay and then get it fitted. I think I'm wearing Barry down on getting him to part with his front seats (came out of a low mileage CD) as the drivers' seat has seen better days and is getting saggy and worn. He's also got a radio aerial and a bootlid badge. Talking of things radio I've wired up a pair of shelf speakers which aren't ideally situated but once I've got hold of some more speaker wire I'll put them on the parcel shelf and the sound will be better.

No comments: