Sunday, May 08, 2005

Made a start

I bought a new thermostat today and fitted it taking only half an hour. I've taken one of the Club Triumph stickers out of the Toledo and put it into the back window of the Acclaim. The car is now running a bit cooler but the cooling fan still doesn't seem to kick in. It's either corrosion on the connectors or a faulty thermoswitch on the radiator. I've refitted the plastic trim that fits beneath the back doors, cleared all the rubbish out and vacuumed the interior. I've already found another job that needs doing. I'm missing an "Acclaim" badge off the boot lid. The carpets are really grimy and could do with a good clean. The mats I've got with the car cover a multitude of sins! I reckon a bit of coathanger wire should suffice for the aerial until I get a replacement. I won't have much time to do any more jobs until later on in the week. The Acclaim is now in sevice as my everyday car until I know what's hapenning with my Ford Mondeo (it was damaged in an accident on Monday 2nd May) The Acclaim will be making its first appearance at the West Yorkshire TSSC meeting. I hope nobody's too bothered about the Club Triumph sunstrip at the top of the windscreen! Maybe I should've left the TSSC sticker where it was! It'll be good to go to a Triumph meeting in a Triumph!

No comments: