Monday, October 02, 2006

Testing times part 10

I paid Viking Service Centre where Snowdrop is and Greg the lad who has been working on her has said that he will get her ready for Friday so she will be good to go for the Round Britain Reliability Run this coming weekend. I'm not doing the run itself but I'm manning one of the controls. These are like checkpoints in strategic places along the route where the participating crews have to get their roadbooks signed as proof the they've completed the run. The control I'm manning is in Corbridge which is up Newcastle way and at 110 miles each way is a 2 hour drive. I plan to be there 2-3 hours before the control is due to open to get settled in and ready. I've already been up so I know where it is and the layout of the control. I've got copies of the roadbook, hi-vis vests and a list of crews. I feel the the list could've done with the registration numbers of the cars to make them easier to identify.

No comments: