Tuesday, June 28, 2005


Here is a pic of Baby Blue's newly-painted rear end. Very Dolomite-esque and defintiely an improvement! I turned my attention to the electrics working on the fusebox first. I cleaned all the connections and got the wipers working (just need to replace the wiper blades) When it came to the lights I was scratching my head and gave up. When I was reading the Haynes manual an idea struck me (one of those "Eureka" moments) I decided the remove the outer headlights, test the plug to make sure electrical current was getting through (it was) then I did a continuity test on the light which turned out to be faulty and then I swapped it with one of my spare lights and it was working again. I did the same on the other headlight and now all my headlights are working. After a bit more head scratching with the rear lights I had another "Eureka" moment. I'd already tested for a live feed and did a continuity test on the bulb holders which left the earth as the source of the problem. A bit of rubbing with some emery paper which I found in the glovebox I managed to get the rear lights working except for one of the brake lights which had a broken filament. I didn't do anything with the number plate lights. Before the "Eureka" moments with the lights I managed to drive the car a short distance up the road (which I wouldn't have done before I'd got insurance on baby Blue) and yes I'm still using a petrol can as my temporary fuel tank! I feel that I'm getting to the stage where I need to get some more parts off the spares car if I'm to make any progress. This is the beauty of having an identical car for spares. I've not had to buy any parts so far except for the seats which was the best �1 I'd ever spent! One of the neighbours' kids commented on how the Sprint seats were more comfortable! Posted by Hello

No comments: