Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Another clutch disaster!

Snowdrop's clutch has done it again! The car was immobilized the same as when I was on my way to Crich so I'm certain the clutch plate has fallen apart again. I called out the recovery and got the car towed to Anita's house from where I can do the repairs and get back to work in Blue. I need to get to the root of the problem rather than just replacing the plate. To this end I've bought another clutch alignment tool. I don't think the Draper one I've got does the job properly. If the clutch isn't lined up it could be causing the problem. Also, I need the check the input shaft when I remove the gearbox. If it is bent then the plate might be under stress causing it to eventaully fall apart. This means that getting the 1850 roadworthy has been set back until Snowdrop is repaired. I've got my work cut out for me tonight. The oil and filter change is also due, the blowing exhaust needs looking at and I've a radiator upgrade to do so this car needs plenty of work at the moment.

No comments: